Friday, February 19, 2010

comparison

willis's breakfast - a sausage mcgriddle and a large sprite.
sausage mcgriddle:
420 calories
22 grams of fat
1,030 mg of sodium (43% of recommended daily value)
11 grams of protein
(i made him read all of this to me from his mcdonald's wrapper.)

eww.  before he told me all of this and i'd just seen the mcdonald's bag, i tried to guess what willis had gotten for breakfast.
me: "a ham and cheese biscuit!"
willis: "gross!  i don't trust mcdonald's ham.  it's a sausage mcgriddle."
me: "but you do trust their sausage??"

my breakfast - a wallaby organic lowfat maple yogurt and water
140 calories
2.5 grams of fat
85 mg of sodium (4% of rdv)
6 grams of protein

i've never been a person who can eat a lot in the morning.  i get up at 6:30,* take a yogurt with me to work, and eat it at about 7:45.  and i have to force myself to do so.  i'm not hungry and eating does not appeal to me that early in the day.  i know that if i DON'T eat something, though, i will be SO HUNGRY I COULD PUNCH SOMEONE at about 10:30am.  at that point, i will eat whatever i can find, and lots of it.  but if i eat a yogurt before work, i'm fine until lunch.  i do not understand how human digestion and metabolization works, but i do know that this works for me, so i do it.

now, i can put away some food at dinnertime.  sometimes, an obscene amount of food.  yum.

that is all.


*already, i am lying to you.  my alarm goes off at 6:25 and i get out of bed at 6:45.  i like the snooze button.

No comments:

Post a Comment