Sunday, February 28, 2010

some pretty things

my friend nora is in town this weekend (hooray!) and the sun is out (double hooray!) and life is good.  the first thing you should know about nora is that she makes the best mixed CDs in the world, and she will make one for every fun get-together of far-away friends.  TIPsgiving, reBOONEunion - mixed CDs for each.  making mixed CDs is an art, and nora should give classes.  she made one for me (!) for this weekend, and we've been listening to it in the car with the windows down as we drive around atlanta.  (note: it's only 50 degrees, so the windows aren't down very far.)

in honor of nora's new blog, let me show you some pretty things i own and love.  straight men will probably be bored and should stop reading now.

these are my pretty pink ruffled flats.  i adore them.  they are from old navy, and thus affordable, and that makes me even happier.  ruffles make me happy, because they are a little bit girly without being too girly.  which is maybe the essence of everything i like to wear.


this is my cute new wallet!  in december, i blogged about how much i coveted this wallet and wanted santa to buy it for me for christmas.  so my dad DID, because he is my santa claus.  YAY HOORAY.  it is brown leather with lots of places to store things and is lined with this really beautiful tan/cream print (it's a three fold wallet, but i've opened up one fold so that you can see the lining).  whenever i buy something now - two months after getting it - i still get smiley about how pretty it is.


and that is my fashion round up of the day.

happy last-day-of-february-oh-my-god-i'm-glad-this-cold-month-is-over!

No comments:

Post a Comment