Friday, February 12, 2010

sniffle + snow day

well, i'm sick.  sore throat, stuffy nose, head-feels-like-it-is-three-times-its-normal-size-like-in-the-commercials sick.  i haven't had a cold since this summer (and THAT was weird -a summertime cold?  i think it was a mild case of the swine flu, and i'm sticking with that story), and i guess i'm due for one.  but yuck.

only positive?  WE HAVE A SNOW DAY TODAY.  i didn't see this coming at all, and when willis stopped by world peace cafe when i was working last night and told me (i hadn't gotten the "alert now" message on my cell phone because i'd left my phone in the car), i thought he was joking.  the weather reports are that there is an 80% change we'll get 1-3 inches of snow today, so our head of school cancelled school at 9pm yesterday.  are you KIDDING me?  not one drop of precipitation has fallen from the sky in the 10 hours since he cancelled school.

living in the south is ridiculous sometimes.

now, it may get wintery here in a minute or in an hour, but i maintain that we could have at least had half a day of school before going home.  the teacher in me is screaming: we have a test next week!  i have material to get through!

not that i'm complaining too much, though, because i feel like crap right now.  i'm happily in my pajamas with a box of kleenex by my side, drinking lots of crystal light pink lemonade and watching tv.  i'm going out to lunch with willis, but the rest of my friday will consist of more of the same: couch time.  my exciting friday night plans: watching the opening ceremonies of the winter olympics.  be jealous of my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment