Thursday, June 7, 2012

my fault

as you've probably figured, my fault was this:

women couldn't vote in 1896!

black americans couldn't really vote!

ahhhhhhhh!

(good work, dad!)

take my number (17 million) and divide it in half (8.5 million) for all the ladies who couldn't vote...then take off maybe 500,000 or a million black voters who were suppressed, and we're very close to the 7 million people who voted for mckinley and i really DID know what i was talking about!  (small victory.)

i restrained myself and didn't pull a HUGE NERD MOMENT and tell the trivia announcer that we weren't really so dumb as to think it was 17 million, we were just dumb enough to forget when women gained suffrage.

however, i am writing about this over the course of several days on my blog, so perhaps i had my huge nerd moment anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment