Sunday, June 3, 2012


this weekend was a moving weekend!  mom and dad came into town and we helped thomas and lindsey move into their new house on saturday...and then on sunday friends came over to help me move most of my belongings.  but i'm not moving to new york until august!  to help explain, here's my summer timeline:

june 9-17 - salt lake city to grade the AP government exam
june 21-july 31 - england!
1st weekend in august - denver for mike's 30th birthday
then: i move home to north carolina with my parents
august 31 - i move into my dorm room at columbia!

this weekend was the only weekend my parents could come down to help me move, so we packed up all my furniture (i'll be sleeping in our guest room for the next couple weeks) and most of my belongings - what i have left will (hopefully) fit into my car when i drive myself home in NC in august.

sad empty bedroom with lots of dust in places where furniture used to be:



i tend to get really sad about moves - pit-in-my-stomach sad about leaving a place.  i'm making this move so slowly, though, that so far i'm doing okay.  the reality will set in at some point, of course...

(in other news, let's discuss how i kind of wish i could sit in front of my tv for the entirety of the olympics and just watch all the awesome events.  I LOVE THE OLYMPICS.  instead, i'll be working/playing, which is pretty awesome, too.  and i'll be in england for the first four days of the olympics!  so that will be pretty bad ass, too, even if i'll have to work a lot and my access to a tv will be unreliable.)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Olympics chart. Great info well presented. Safe travels and happy reading in slc.

    ReplyDelete