Wednesday, June 27, 2012

thoughts on shorts

like perhaps many women, i have a love-hate relationship with my legs.  good old legs, you take me places.  silly legs, you are larger than i would like.

i do not like showing off my legs.

but then i started running, as you may remember, and my yoga pants would be falling off me as i ran - not enough elastic in the waist - and were prettttttty warm for running.  so i started running in an old pair of gym shorts that i bought during my two season stint coaching jv girls softball.  but then they were too long and would ride up on my legs and be uncomfortable.  SO I BOUGHT SOME RUNNING SHORTS.  i can't believe it either.  they are short.  they are cute!  but they are SHORT.  i wore them for the first time today and it was pretty awesome - no riding up, little pocket in the waistband for my keys, and i didn't see anyone i knew which showing a lot of leg.  victory on all counts.

now i'm back in my dorm room getting ready to shower and go to dinner while some low budget movie involving child actors films outside my window.  actual quote from the director (? is a director allowed to wear a tube top while filming a children's movie?): "look meaner, ellie.  even meaner!  now maybe put your hands on your head and make fun of her hat!  keep going!  keep going!"  oh dear lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment