Tuesday, May 18, 2010

your tip of the day

i have several silver rings, and i noticed a couple months ago that the ones i don't wear frequently were getting discolored.  AND I FREAKED OUT.  some of these rings mean a lot to me - a couple are from my grandma, one was my mom's in high school, one is the ring my parents got me when i graduated from duke.  i decided to do what i often do in this situation: pretend it isn't happening, because that is less sad than thinking these rings are unwearable.

yesterday i (wo)manned up.

i went online and searched "cleaning sterling silver" and found this article.  now, i did take two semesters of chemistry in college and one semester of organic chemistry when i thought i was going to be a doctor, and i didn't fail any of those classes, but i have NO IDEA why a paste of baking soda and water rubbed on your sterling silver will make them look like new BUT IT DOES.  it is MAGICAL.  and life is so good right now.

(but seriously: anyone know why this works?)

No comments:

Post a Comment